ASL: Defining Supplier and Item/Commodity Combination

From: Thomas A. Perkins, C.P.M. <tperkins_at_perthos.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 16:13:24 -0700

We are planning for an upgrade from 10.7SC 16.1 to 11i. One of our challenges involves the Approved Supplier List (ASL) features of 11i. We know that little solid information is available, so we are using 11.0.3 as a baseline for our evaluation.

This question focuses on the step "Defining Supplier and Item/Commodity Combination".

There are two options here: item and commodity. We are unsure what
"commodity" means in this context.

Specifically, if you select "item" for the ASL definition, you will be asked for an item number. No problem there. However, if you select
"commodity" for the ASL definition, you must select from a commodity
list.

What values are in the list, if any? Do we define them? If so, where do we do this?

Please understand that we are unable to test this since we do not have 11.0.3 and we are presently unable to activate Enhanced Sourcing Rules in our existing 10.7 SC 16.1.

Thanks!
--
Thomas A. Perkins, C.P.M.
Consultant