CLOBs - 4000char limit?

From: kev <kevin.porter_at_fast.no>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 16:45:55 +0000

Hi,

I'm playing with CLOBs, well, trying to.

If I create a table with:

create table test1 (myclob1 clob);

...and then do:

describe test1

...I get:

Column Name                    Null?    Type
MYCLOB1                                 CLOB(4000)

...and if I do:

select * from test1;

...I get:

ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes

Both these events were unexpected. Can I change the size of the CLOB? (the Oracle doc 'LOB restrictions' doesn't mention any size limit) And why the 932 error? (Doing a 'oerr ora 932' doesn't give an explanation).

thanks,