Oracle FTP Server

From: JP Moresmau <jpmor_at_gofree.indigo.ie>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 15:26:55 -0000

Hi all,
is it just me or that FTP Server ftp.oracle.com is not really what one could expect from a company that says all its software is distributed over the web?
It's taking loads of tries to only manage to connect as anonymous (maximum number of connections reached), and when I manage to get through, the transfer rates are just ridiculous (between 1 and 3 k/sec). Now, it's not my connection to the NET, because I went on a competitor FTP site, connected at once, and achieved transfer speeds of 30k/sec (10 times faster).
Anybody got the same king of experience? Couldn't Oracle just stick some more servers?

--
JP Moresmau
jpmor_at_gofree.indigo.ie