A crazy ORA-01480 error!

From: Adriano Prado <prado_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 14:38:49 GMT

Hi all,
I've got a crazy problem here. I'm inserting data into a table using Pro*C.

Look what I did:
int fld1 = 10;
char fldn[] = "COL2";
EXEC SQL INSERT INTO my_table
(COL1, COL_DATE, ..., COLn)

VALUES
(:fld1, SYSDATE, ..., :fldn);

My program was running well till I've inserted the last field. The only one that is a VARCHAR2. All other are NUMBERs and one is a DATE field. After that, when I run the prog, it says: "trailing null missing from STR bind value" (ORA-01480)!!!!!!!!!!!

I've done a single program that has only three fields (two VARCHAR2s and on NUMBER), did the insert using the same data as above and no error has appeared.

So, what a heck is going on???????????? I've already did changed de char to a pointer to char, forced a NULL into the char var (fldn[3] = 0;)... and nothing worked.

Oh, I'm running it in a Digital Workstation (with UNIX 4.0d). And I'm using the DBMS=V7 on Pro*C command line.

THANX!
--
---------------(cut here)--------------- Adriano Prado
prado_at_gmx.net

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Mar 15 2000 - 08:38:49 CST