OAS on NT - Apps not starting - please help

From: test <service_at_sportwetten.at>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 13:34:52 +0100

Hi.

I've installed Oracle Application Server 4.0.8.1 on Windows NT 4 running service pack 5. Machine has 128Mb memory.

I have the following problem :

The install goes fine.

The Application Server service starts.
I get the listeners up and have accessed static html files with various virtual/physical directory combinations.

However, none of the applications are starting.

    Not the two default apps: Server status monitor app or Database Utilities

    Also not a plsql app I created using a DAD that was configured with no errors.

    When I try to run a stored procedure in the db to which the DAD is linked, Internet Explorer gives a HTTP:500 error, Internet server error

    Not surprising as under OAS Manager I see that all of the apps/cartridges etc. are listed as down.

Why are none of the applications starting? All other aspects of install seem fine.

I have tried this on another machine with same spec and have the same problem.

What am I doing wrong? Received on Wed Mar 15 2000 - 06:34:52 CST