Data from Oracle8i/SQL+ Incorrect in VB6

From: <jnowlin_at_ma.ultranet.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 23:16:11 -0500

Hello.

<< VB6 Pro and Oracle8i/SQL+ running on Windows NT 4.0 SP5 >>

I have made a connection to Oracle8i using VB6 Pro's DataEnvironment object, or so I think I have. Using MS's OLE DB provider for ODBC drivers and having
built the following connection string:

PROVIDER=MSDASQL;driver={Oracle ODBC
Driver};server=local;uid=scott;pwd=tiger;

and a username of system and password oracle, I am able to access the table(s) I created using SQL+ when I logged in as scott with a password of tiger. The table's first 4 fields, which are of datatype NUMBER, are displayed through VB6's DataView window as zeros. The other datatypes, date and CHAR, ARE displayed when the table is run in VB DView.

Is this connection complete or only partially complete? I also have some issues regarding Oracle's server_name, service_name and host_name. Where are they and how do they fit in to this?

jnowlin
jnowlin_at_ma.ultranet.com Received on Tue Mar 14 2000 - 22:16:11 CST