ODBC Error

From: Eric Givler <egivler_at_nttc.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 20:09:31 GMT

I get an odbc error trying to connect to my 8.0.4 database on an NT server with an Oracle 7.3 driver
(version 1.15.3.1.0). I'm running the test program: c:\orant\odbora32\odbctst.exe. The same error occurs if I use the program from the 73 driver: c:\orant\odbc\odbct32.exe. Is this simply a case where the 73 driver will not work against the Oracle 8 database, and I should use the ODBC for Oracle 8.0.4 drivers?

[The reason I'm switching drivers is based on a previous post relating to a package that allows a connection to an ODBC data source but is producing a query that is not compliant with Oracle] Received on Tue Mar 14 2000 - 14:09:31 CST