??Thumbs up or down on Gateway to SQL Server?

From: Dianna Whitt <dgwhitt_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 17:59:30 GMT

Has anyone had any experience (GOOD, BAD or INDIFFERENT) to the Gateway to SQL Server? I am interested to know if it is indeed transparent and if it is relatively easy to set up. I have some tables that I am currently accessing in my Oracle database via stored procedures. If these tables were moved to a SQL Server database, could I still access them (without changing my code) using the gateway. Of course, I am assuming that I would need to setup links but is this setup easy? Also, will I notice any access degradation?
I am trying to determine if it is worth the $15,000 price tag. Thanks for any info,
Dianna
--

Dianna G. Whitt Principal Engineer
dwhitt_at_csihq.com 321-676-2923,x413

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Mar 14 2000 - 11:59:30 CST