Re: grant index permissions to tablespace?

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 09:37:38 -0800

Kev

You don't create indexes on a tablespace, so I'm assuming that's a typo. The user will need a group of privileges. Which ones will depend on whether they own the table to be indexed or not. If they own the table, they simply need a quota on tablespace ind:

alter user user1 quota xM/unlimited on ind;

where if you want to limit the amount of space you set it to x Mb (the first option) or if you don't want to limit the amount of space you set it to unlimited (the second option).

If they don't own the table to be indexed, they will either need to be granted the INDEX privilege by the table owner or have the CREATE ANY INDEX system privilege.

HTH. Pete