ODBC Example in Java

From: Greg Dover <xs-GregDover-sx_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 17:45:21 +1100

Has anyone got an example of calling a Oracle Stored Proc or Function via ODBC from java. Even better if the function has output parameters.

I have been accessing MSSQL databases and converting things over to Oracle is a pain in the arse. Under our MSSQl system we usually do all access to the database are through stored procs. The data is generally returned through a record set but I can live with using an output parameter in Oracle for now since the record sets are generally only one row long.

I am using the Oracle 8.0.0.5 (?) supplied driver with a database of the same version.

I also need some exampled for returning record sets but that is second priority. I have an idea about htat already. You seem to need to create a package, define an array, load it and then it magically comes out as a record set in java.

The java is Miscrosoft and I am using the MS supplied JDBC/ODBC bridge.

Can anyone help?

Greg. Received on Mon Mar 13 2000 - 00:45:21 CST