OEM 2.0.4 under Solaris 2.6. Installation problems.

From: <igory_1999_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 03:49:31 GMT

Hi,

I have some ridiculous problems installing OEM2.0.4 under Solaris 2.6. I talked to the support guys from Oracle and they could not figure it out either.

First, I tried to install OEM on root account but OEM refused to get installed on root.

After that I created a user account for OEM
(does it need some special privileges or
should it be just an ordinary user account?).

When I ran "runinstaller" from a user account, I got the following error message:

Initializing Java Virtual Machine from
../stage/Components/oracle/swd/jre/1.1.7/1/DataFiles/Expanded/solaris/bin/jre. Please wait...
Unable to initialize threads: cannot find class java/lang/Thread
Could not create Java VM

It appears that jre file is not found on CD. But it is there except that some of
the directory names and file names
on CD start with small letter instead
of capital letter: for example "components" instead of "Components" in the path above. But it seems to me that some translation from capitals to smalls is done somehow because runinstaller.sh script has no trouble executing install/solaris/runInstaller although the corresponding file is really called
"install/solaris/runinstaller".

Anybody had such a problem?
What am I doing wrong?
Does installer use its own JVM even if
there is Java installed?
Can the problem be that I use HotSpot JVM
(jdb, for example, does not like it, I could not
use it with HotSpot)?

Thanks,

Igor

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Mar 12 2000 - 21:49:31 CST