alter object type to add new field

From: <colormouse_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 02:44:56 GMT

Hi,

  I created a object type called user_objtyp which has a field is address_objtyp, I try to add a new field "usertype carchar2(40)" to it, but I can not replace or drop the old one since the error msg said the table or type dependent. I also has a student_objtyp ref to it. But I can not drop student_objtyp either.
  First question: how to drop these guy?   Second question: how to alter it so that I can add a new field without have to drop them.

  Thanks a lot.

color Mouse

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Mar 12 2000 - 20:44:56 CST