Re: newbie question - oracle schema

From: AJ Allen <aallen20_at_ford.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 11:54:35 -0500

Dave Larkins wrote:

> I was actually referring to the process of extracting the schema in a pure
> text form and reloading a modified form. Export/Import don't produce pure
> text, is there anything that does?
>
> BTW notepad has a filesize limitation that will probably make it impractical
> to use for this purpose.
>
> Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message
> >
> > Dave Larkins <davidl_at_mint.net> wrote in message
> > > Hello all,
> > >
> > > Are there any tool for working on an oracle database schema in a textual
> > > form? I have just installed Oracle Personal 8 on Win 98 to get acqainted
> > and
> > > don't find anything that will let me create and edit schema offline and
> > load
> > > into the Db.
> > >
> > > thanks Dave
> > >

> > What about Notepad?

Export without the data will give you a text file of all the ddl statements.

I use EditPad. It is postcardware that seems to have an unlimited file size and
uses the tab construct so switching between various open files is easy. You can
find EditPad at www.jgsoft.com.

--

| Andrew Allen | DBA                                           |