Table Trigger to set last_update_date field.

From: Richard Billingsley <rbillingsley_at_deadend.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 15:32:39 GMT

I have been asked to create a table trigger that will update the last_update_date field for each record that is inserted or updated.

Not being a trigger expert I have created the following code:

create trigger set_update_date
  AFTER INSERT or UPDATE on STORM_PERSONNEL for each row begin

    update storm_personnel

       set last_update_date = sysdate
     where storm_pers_id = :new.storm_pers_id;

end;
/

Personally, I'm not sure the :new.storm_pers_id would work on an UPDATE, since it may not be part of the update statement. And perhaps there's even an easier way of doing this that I'm not aware of.

I don't know if this will work or not. Could some one experienced help me out with what's right or wrong with this.

I really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Richard..

--
Richard Billingsley

Note: To reply via email replace "deadend.com" with "vbig.com" before sending. Received on Thu Mar 09 2000 - 09:32:39 CST