flush shared pool problem

From: steve perry <sperry3_at_satx.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 11:52:54 GMT

We're having to flush the shared pool several times a day because of slow response times and abnormal loads on the cpu(all of a sudden the we start using a full cpu and no sql is active). Once we flush it, things improve. The response time improves and the cpu drops back down to nothing. Does anyone know how we can trap the sql that causing the problem? I'm having a hard time understanding the cause and why Oracle has the problem in the first place.
Here's what I know so far:
The system is not being used right much now, so the the problem is confusing...
sun 4500, solaris 2.6, oracle 8.1.5
the app is 80% queries and 20% updates/inserts sga: block buffers 2gig, shared pool 500 meg (tot ram on sun 4500 is 6 gig) the application is java based and does NOT use stored procedures (problem) the app was NOT using bind variables, but they've started changing this we have cron scripts that connect every 2 minutes that issue sql against the db
I've pinned all triggers and code that I could

I saw a bulletin that stated possibly reducing the size of the shared pool may help.

Anymore suggestions?

Thanks,
Steve Received on Thu Mar 09 2000 - 05:52:54 CST