Re: MetaLinks DocID

From: Bill Coulam <bcoulam_at_DELETECAPSusa.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 22:11:27 -0700

I have very bad luck accessing any bug documents that my support analyst often mentions in my TARs. I've been told the reason is that up until recently the default state for bugs was "internal" or "private". Those working on the bug at Oracle had to consciously change the state to "public" for anyone to see it. Another analyst told me that there a multiple notes attached to each bug and if any one of them is marked private, the whole bug goes private. The analysts can see it all since they have the right privileges. We cannot. Some of their newer personnel seem to unaware that their view of Metalink is different from ours.

I usually end up emailing the analyst back asking them to email me the document since we're not allowed to see it. That's the only way I know of to get at it. Anybody else had different luck?