Re: Oracle query - Laoding data from excel spreasheet?

From: M. Armaghan Saqib <armaghan_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 03:56:55 GMT

Use my freeware SQL Link for XL to extract data from Oracle to XL directly.

What you are trying to execute is SQL*Loader control file which could import
data only in Oracle database using SQLLDR command line tool.

regards,
M. Armaghan Saqib

+---------------------------------------------------------------
+---------------------------------------------------------------

+---------------------------------------------------------------

Gordan Gecko <james_at_spencerstfc.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:89tddv$hvn$1_at_newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Hi guys - which query for you
>
> Created a table in a database i am creating called temptable, and i
have a
> excel spreasheet that i want to import the data from for this table.
>
> the sql i am using is below, but i get the following error when i run
it.
> (d: is a cd i have burnt it on to)
>
> (last_name, first_name, absences, wages, street, city, state,
> *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-00928: missing SELECT keyword
>

> SQL is:
>
> load data
> infile 'd:\rawdata.csv'
> into table temptable
> replace
> fields terminated by "," TRAILING NULLCOLS
> (last_name, first_name, absences, wages, street, city, state,
> phone, social_security_number, employment_date,
> birth_date, current_position, position_date,
> department, department_name, department_1, historic_position_1,
> position_date_1, wages_1, comments_1, department_2,

historic_position_2,

> position_date_2, wages_2, comments_2, department_3,
historic_position_3,
> position_date_3, wages_3, comments_3, department_4,
historic_position_4,
> position_date_4, wages_4, comments_4, department_5,
historic_position_5,
> position_date_5, wages_5, comments_5, department_6,
historic_position_6,
> position_date_6, wages_6, comments_6,
> purchase_date_1, optician_1,
> cost_1, check_number_1, purchase_date_2, optician_2,
> cost_2, check_number_2, purchase_date_3, optician_3,
> cost_3, check_number_3, tool_purchase_date_1, payroll_deduct_1,
> tool_name_1, tool_cost_1, payment_amount_1, last_payment_amount_1,
> first_payment_date_1, last_payment_date_1,
> tool_purchase_date_2, payroll_deduct_2,
> tool_name_2, tool_cost_2, payment_amount_2, last_payment_amount_2,
> first_payment_date_2, last_payment_date_2,
> tool_purchase_date_3, payroll_deduct_3, tool_name_3, tool_cost_3,
> payment_amount_3, last_payment_amount_3,
> first_payment_date_3, last_payment_date_3);
>
> any help apreciated..

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Mar 08 2000 - 21:56:55 CST