Cannot allocated shared memory

From: <stevie_deja_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 19:36:58 GMT

Hi,
I am more of a end user of oracle. And I been given a script to run which puts tables & data into the db. However, one of the tables gives the following error when trying to insert any information.

>SQL> insert into record_status values ('x','blah');
>insert into record_status values ('x','blah')
> *
>ERROR at line 1:
>ORA-04031: unable to allocate 2192 bytes of shared memory ("shared
>pool","EORG_EPER","KQLS heap","KQLS MEM BLOCK")

We've increased the shared memory, but still get this error. Has anyone seen this error and can shed a little light on exactly what this means, or common situations where this might happen.

Thanks a lot,
Steve K.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Mar 08 2000 - 13:36:58 CST