ORA-02429 / ORA-00604: when dropping tablespace

From: <rock_cogar_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 15:58:11 GMT

Hi,

While cleaning an obsolete user's objects I encountered a very unexpected error. First here is what I did:

drop user ls cascade;
drop tablespace ls_data including contents;

I got errors:

ORA-00604 and ORA-02429.

[ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level num Cause: An error
occurred while processing a recursive SQL statement. A recursive SQL statement is one that applies to internal dictionary tables. Action: If the situation described in the next message on the stack can be corrected, do so; otherwise, contact customer support.]

[ORA-02429: cannot drop index used for enforcement of unique/primary key
Cause: An attempt was made to drop an index that is being used as the enforcement mechanism for a unique or primary key.

Action: Drop the integrity constraint instead of dropping the index.]

Now, I dropped the user "LS", dropped the tablespace "LS_DATA" where the tables were stored and intended to drop the tablespace "LS_INDEX" that stored the indexes.

I wonder if I should have dropped the index tablespace BEFORE the data tablespace ?

In any case, I now have 66MB of disk space wasted on an unusable and unwanted tablespace (LS_DATA).

What do I do ?

Thanks,
Rock.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Mar 08 2000 - 09:58:11 CST