ODBC and Oracle

From: Mike Layng <mlayng_at_micromine.com.au>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 15:50:48 +0800

Hi,

I am reasonably new to Oracle.

We have a program that connects to Oracle 8i (8.1.5) using ODBC. My problem arises when I try to reference a table that has the same name as another table in the database.

e.g.
  I connect through ODBC using the username JSMITH and want to access the jsmith.location table. There is another table in the database called demo.location.

If I try to create a recordset with "Select * from location" then I get an error telling me that the table name is ambiguous.

I realise that the "proper" solution would be to use "Select * from jsmith.location" but this is not feasible at this stage due to other restrictions in the program.

So, I guess my question is how can I set up my connection so that ODBC only looks at the tables owned by the current user?

Thanks
Mike. Received on Wed Mar 08 2000 - 01:50:48 CST