Re: Trigger on a snapshot

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 21:54:02 +0800

pauldb wrote:

> I have a simple problem-
>
> I would like to fire a trigger after the completion of
> a snapshot refresh- which will perform some operation using
> the contents of the completely refreshed table..
>
> Can this be done using a trigger- or should this be done by a
> pl/sql script which is called after completion of the refresh..
>
> any advice is greatly appreciated
>
> yours truly,
> Paul

Easiest way would be to set the snapshot to be manual (not automatic) refresh, and then create a PL/SQL procedure to refresh your snapshot and then your customised proc.

Stick this in a job (dbms_job) and you're up and running.

HTH
--

Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk

We are born naked, wet and hungry...then things get worse Received on Tue Mar 07 2000 - 07:54:02 CST