Re: Oracle Installer Problems

From: <grey1969_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 20:58:06 GMT

*sigh* a new machine, which is normally very good news. My last machine was a dream (once it was configured). Never a problem (or so it seems today).

I remember the last time I had problems with the Oracle Installer, it took a long time before I could get it to work.

In article <8a3pac$7g6$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   tandym_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> *rueful grin*
> Um, upgrade to NT 4 ?
>
> sonya
>
> In article <8a3nf4$5t0$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> grey1969_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > I was trying to patch my Oracle client on my NT 3 (sp5) box, and I
ran
> > into some troubles. The DLLs that the installer tried to replace
were
> > in use.
> >
> > There's nothing in the 2 startup folders. I disabled every service
> that
> > had Oracle attached to it, but still the files were locked. So I
> > checked to see which process was holding the dlls, and it was
> > winlogon.exe, so I can't even kill the process.
> >
> > So I checked the technet site, and came up with nothing, perhaps I'm
> the
> > first person to run into this.... I hope not.
> >
> > Then I thought I would uninstall Oracle, but since the files were in
> > use, I couldn't get everything off of my machine.
> >
> > Has anyone run into this? Is there a solution? I don't want to
wipe
> my
> > machine clean for such a silly problem.....
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.
> >

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Mar 07 2000 - 14:58:06 CST