MS access client parameter query to Oracle

From: Jay M. Scheiner <jxs_at_wolpoff_nospm_law.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 18:10:35 GMT

I am looking for help with the following on both the client and server side. I have Net 8 and ODBC configured properly for my Win95 client, so I don't need help with that.

I want to use Access as a front end to a data warehouse kept on Oracle 8. The user should be able to query a table for a date range. It is a huge table (millions of rows) so I want the work to be done on the server. I can configure a pass-through query that works BUT how do I get the query to run for a user-supplied date or date range? Specifics would be very helpful.

Should I be calling a stored procedure? If so, how should the procedure be created on Oracle?

Where should the date be translated from Access (02/04/00) to Oracle (04-feb-00) formats?

The query I want to run would look something like this: SELECT calldt, flowpoint from fcfp where calldt = (user defined date).

Thanks!
Jay M. Scheiner
Programmer/Analyst
Wolpoff & Abramson, LLP
Opinions are my own only!
To email, remove _nospm_ from address. Received on Tue Mar 07 2000 - 12:10:35 CST