OEM Question

From: <rspeaker_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 11:34:34 GMT

Hi gang,

I have a question about OEM 2.04 I am hoping somebody can help with.

I have installed OEM and all the add-on packs onto my NT box, which is running Oracle 8i v8.1.5 Enterprise Edition for NT. I have created a DB on the NT box, instance name is RSNT01. When I launched OEM on the NT box, I connected to Management Server RSNT01 as my OEM user (I created it). Everything works fine.

Now, I also want to run the Console from my laptop, using the Management Server on my NT box as the repository. Can I do that? If so, what do I need to configure? I installed the OEM Console on my laptop, but when I try to connect as the same OEM user from my laptop to management server RSNT01, it tells me it is unable to connect to that management server.

Is it possible to do what I am trying to do? I don't want to run multiple repositories, but I want to monitor the same set of databases from 2 different machines.

Thanks,
Roy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Mar 07 2000 - 05:34:34 CST