Re: how to calculate SGA size...

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 17:59:48 +0800

sachh wrote:

> I am looking for the answer to how to configure the SGA for the
> database if i Know the nmber of concurrent transactions.
> Is there any direct rule for it. So that atleast i can estimate the SGA size
> before starting the database tuning.
> regards
> sachin

There is a (very rough) rule of thumb thats floated around in the manuals for years of SGA being approx 1/3 of physical memory.

I would advocate this as a STARTING point and then monitor the various statistics (cf: Oracle Tuning reference) to determine if an increase or decrease is appropriate.

HTH
--

Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk

We are born naked, wet and hungry...then things get worse Received on Mon Mar 06 2000 - 03:59:48 CST