Re: Weird query results

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 17:53:41 +0800

Ricardo Melo wrote:

> I'm using Oracle 8i.
>
> I'm having problems with a query with multiple tables and a left join. If a
> tell the oracle to use my where clause as is using the hint /*+ordered*/ it
> gives me a complete different result than if I don't specify the hint. Why
> would oracle return 2 different results ?

It may be an optimiser bug - I've seen similar anomalies with 7.3.4 and below...

Which result is correct ? Try deleting the stats for the tables as (in the past) these problems have been typically related to the cost optimiser.

HTH
--

Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk

We are born naked, wet and hungry...then things get worse Received on Mon Mar 06 2000 - 03:53:41 CST