Problem with Oracle SQL running on Redhat Linux 6.0

From: <smagadi_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 16:38:52 GMT

We have oracle 8.0.5.0.0 running on Linux 6.0. The problem we are having is with accounts which are in the grace period.

ORA-28002: the password will expire within 30 days, error message comes up on logon. The SHOW USER command comes back with USER is "". It does not allow the user to change the password when the following command is used : ALTER USER <username> identified <new password> The error message is "invalid command: alter".

SELECT * FROM ALL_TABLES causes a memory fault and returns to linux prompt.

Everything works fine if the account is not in the grace period.

Is there anyone else who have had these problems, any solutions?

Thank you,
Shashi

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Mar 06 2000 - 10:38:52 CST