JDBC Thin driver & IE applet security

From: <pl_r_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 11:21:19 GMT

I want to use the thin jdbc driver in an applet running in Internet Explorer. Since I have to be able to connect a db server different from the http server, I have put the applet in a signed cab, using the standard security features of IE. I included the oracle classes111.zip in the archive parameter of the applet, and thought that I could use it from the applet since it is signed. I grant the right for the applet to connect a different server by using the PolicyEngine.asssertPermission (PermissionID.NETIO) before the call to jdbc connect. The problem is, I get a security exception originating in the Oracle driver classes, telling me that it can not connect to the db server. After searching for a while, I could achieve to connect by including oracle classes in my cab file, but I am not very fond of this solution because I would like to avoid using my own authentication for Oracle made classes.
Does anybody have an alternative solution ?

Thank in advance

Pierre-Laurent Ribault

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Mar 06 2000 - 05:21:19 CST