Re: SQL*Loader with Embedded carriage returns

From: James Moore <james_at_banshee.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 07:30:37 GMT

Add an explicit end-of-record string (or character) to your exported data and tell sqlldr to use that instead of newline. Make sure you choose something that doesn't occur in your data. It's not the most elegant way to solve the problem but it works. As far as I could tell sqlldr doesn't have any concept of something like \ to escape record or field terminators.