Re: Oracle On Linux -- Install Is Just Aweful !!!

From: Peter <peter_at_thebabystore.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 16:08:11 -0500

I've still got some frustration... I still havent got the 8i working... but i did manager to get Oracle8 kinda working. The sqlplus utility core dumps though...

Earlier today, I did notice on the RedHat site that they're going to be releasing the Redhat Enterprise Edition in mid-april which is optimized for Oracle8i where the site promo says:

  http://www.redhat.com/products/
  Red Hat Linux Enterprise Edition Optimized for Oracle 8i.   Oracle Integration—fully tested and supported by Oracle   and Red Hat—ensures a stable, reliable environment.

Hopefully, it'll work without any major headaches...

allen