DDL in a PL/SQL block?

From: RoadRaat <roadraat_at_aol.com>
Date: 05 Mar 2000 00:47:10 GMT

Is it not possible to put Data Definition Language in a PL/SQL block?

I'm writing (what I thought would be a simple) PL/SQL program to loop through all of my current tables and CREATE successive backups AS SELECTs.

My first step was to CREATE a BACKUPLOG table in which I would later INSERT the name of each table I back up in a loop. I've CREATEd tables many times in SQL*Plus scripts, but in this PL/SQL the compilation slams to a halt as soon as I get to the first CREATE statement.

Can I just not do that?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

RoadRaat Received on Sat Mar 04 2000 - 18:47:10 CST