INTEGER type in Oracle ?

From: Garry Star <no-spam.gstar_at_iname.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2000 20:51:14 GMT

Can someone please explain to me how you store/retrieve an integer value in Oracle 8.x? I haven't had an problem in Access, SQLServer, or Sybase but Oracle is different.

I'm using ODBC driver but I can't even set a field's type to integer in the Schema Manager.

All I can see is NUMBER type and that allows me to write an integer into it, but converts it to a floating point value and when I read it, it is returned as a double.

I know this must be easy, but I haven't been able to find anything in multiple newsgroups, FAQs, dejanews.com, Oracle's tech web site, or documentation on the CD,

Thanks in advance...

Garry
garry_star_at_ads-associates.com Received on Sat Mar 04 2000 - 14:51:14 CST