Oracle Replication

From: Gabriel Weisz <gweisz_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2000 15:18:45 GMT

Hi

I am trying to make transactional replication between MSSQL Server 7.0 and Oracle 8 on a Sun Platform. I am new in the replication bussiness so help will be apreciated.
I defined a data source using the oracle 8.05 ver. of ODBC driver. The SQL Server side looks fine no errors but on the Oracle side the tables names are in the dba_tables (i can see them if I make a select table_name from cat/dba_table where table_name like (%[table_name]%) but if I try to select * from
table_name I receive an error "The selected object is not in the data base".
Did anyone had that problem before ? Thank you for your help. Is there any bug in the new ODBC oracle 8.0 drivers?

Gabriel Weisz
RD&G Consulting Received on Sat Mar 04 2000 - 09:18:45 CST