table storage

From: Lee <feigenb_at_is03.fas.harvard.edu>
Date: 2000/03/03

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Oracle, having used SQL Server and mysql in the past, and having browsed the idnex of a couple of books, I have been unable to find the answer to the following question:

Using Oracle, is there a way to specify a column (or columns) that a table should be physically sorted by? (i.e., is there a way to specify one or more columns such that the data is stored on disk in the order of values in that column(s))?

I believe this is accomplished in SQL*Server via the use of a CLUSTERED INDEX, but this seems to be a SQL*Server specific thing...

Any pointers?

Lee Received on Fri Mar 03 2000 - 00:00:00 CST