Re: sqlnet and windows 2000

From: <martin_rosselle_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/03/03

hello, i experienced the same problem, and have found a simple solution for it : as you were saying, there are some registry keys that oracle can't set during setup, i guess the reason for that is that windows 2000 has other security policies that nt4. What i tried and worked is adding some keys manually, I did the installation on an NT4 machine and exported the reg keys for OracleStartORCL, OracleServiceORCL, OracleTNSListener, and also for OracleAgent if you are using the enterprise version (doesn't apply to Personal Oracle). Then add those keys in Windows 2000 by double clicking on them, this works fine. Then you have to REBOOT, the first time i didn't reboot and it didn't work !!!! Then i had a flawless installation and everything works fine.

Greetings, Martin Rosselle
Skyline Communications, Belgium

In article <WrEu4.3258$Xk2.20711_at_tor-nn1.netcom.ca>,   "alain poupart" <poupart_at_netcom.ca> wrote:
> I've tried to installed Oracle 7.3.3 onto a windows 2000 workstation
> custom installation selected
> items:
> tcp/ip
> oracle installer
> oracle server
> performance utilities
> utilitites
> odbc
> sqlpus
> sqlnet client
> sqlnet server
>
> everything install well except the sqlnet server
> it seems that the installer is not able to create the key in the
 registry
> I'm getting the following message:
>
> "cannot delete NT service for sqlNet ver 2.."
>
> if I repeat the same installation I can get "cannot create" instead on
> "delete"
>
> in both cases, the installation procedure failed and no key have been
 added
> to HKEY_currentMachine_control_currentcontrol set like it does on NT4
 for
> the listener
>
> does soemone as a solution on how to install sqlnet ( and Oracle
 7.3.3 )on
> windows 2000
>
> thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Mar 03 2000 - 00:00:00 CST