formatting the export dump file

From: Jeff <pickupstyx_50_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/03/03

First of all let me say that I am new to Oracle and am currently interning. So I apoligize for my green side. The Senior DBA has asked me to search for a way to edit the Oracle 8.05 export dump file. The reason being is that we are going to re-organize by creating new tablespaces by editing the export file by changing the tablespaces for the chosen tables. The reason we are doing this is to improve disk optimization. My Senior has told me that editing the export file is very time consumming. The export itself is also very large with numerous tables(PeopleSoft over a 1000 tables). The export file will then be imported with the new tablespaces being created. My understanding of this problem is that the export dump file is in a text wrap mode that makes editing a problem.

Has anyone have any suggestions or any tools to help aid in editing the export dump file?
Our operating system is Unix (IBM AIX )and the database resides on a RS6000