Exclude Tables from Archive log

From: <efflerch_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/03/03

Hallo,
is there a way to exclude tables from ARCHIVELOG. Of course this Tables have no triggers or constraits to other tables .

Background is: I load nightly data from a ASCII-file via SQL*Loader, which are a datapool for the "real" Application. (I did SQL Command "Alter table xxx nologging")
But unfortunately I have after the sqlload a script running which is doing lots of formating stuff.

Today I have approx 80% Archiv-Log files due to of UPDATE commands on the datapool Tables executed by formating scripts.

I'm using Oracle 8.1.5 on WinNT

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Mar 03 2000 - 00:00:00 CST