Re: How to: Oracle stored procedure with in/out parameters via DAO/ODBCDirect (VB6)?

From: <michael_bialik_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/03/02

Hi.

 I'm just reading a book "Oracle programming with Visual Basic"  written by Nick Snowdon.

 Page 486 ( chapter about DAO ) says
 "There is no way to return output parameters, and you also can not   execute stored functions. If you want more advanced functionality,   you will have to use one of the other methods...".

 HTH. Michael.

In article <UGuv4.40168$bz2.5455313_at_tw12.nn.bcandid.com>,   "David Thom" <davidt_at_npsinc.com> wrote:
> How do you invoke an Oracle stored procedure with Input/Output
 parameters
> over DAO/ODBCDirect from VB6?
>
> I think (?) it requires creating a DAO QueryDef containing the ODBC
 call
> syntax and then setting the parameters of the QueryDef object. But I
 can't
> get this to work...the MS Oracle ODBC driver returns a syntax error
 when I
> try to set the parameters (and I'm not even sure this is the correct
> technique anyway!)
>
> I'm running out of places to look; have tried MSDN library, MS and
 Oracle
> newsgroups.
>
> David Thom
> NPSi Houston

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Mar 02 2000 - 00:00:00 CST