Re: Oracle 8i on Linux without X Windows

From: Brice Ruth <Brice.Ruth_at_penguinboots.com>
Date: 2000/03/02

I do not believe that a text console installer exists for Oracle 8i on Linux. The alternative may be to install Oracle 8i from a remote PC, on that *does* have Xwindows support. This is what I did, since the server I have Oracle 8i running on does not have a monitor (nor a graphics card).

Regards,
Brice Ruth

--
+--+
"The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching should,