Re: 8i: no listener

From: Watusa <watusa_at_linkomama.net>
Date: 2000/03/01

Chris,

For some reason the listener was not turned on in the services window. I finally was able to get it working after a number of attempts. It seems that I have to start the listener service before the database service or else the listener will not recognize the database. Right now I am manually turning them on and off each time I boot up.

Thanks for the help, I'm glad to get it working to the point that it is.

Rich