Re: Newbie Question: field length

From: Brian W. Chester <bwchester_at_home.com>
Date: 2000/03/01

Johan,

For my two cents, I would create a table to hold the zipcode, city, province/state, country, and international calling code. For the telephone, depending on how your users will be entering the data, I usually break it down as international calling code, area code and 7 digit number. Prefill the international and area codes based on the lookup of the zip code. Save a considerable amount of data entry and possible entry errors over the long run.

HTH. Brian.