Re: Duplicated Row Queries

From: Niels Lippke <c0032019_at_tu-bs.de>
Date: 2000/03/01

On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, Tom Zamani wrote:

> well,
> Consider that you have a table like
> create table MyTab(
> name varchar2(6)
> address varchar2(10)
> );
> insert into MyTab values('You','There');
> insert into MyTab values('Me','Here');
> insert into MyTab values('Me','Here');
>
> select a.name, a.address from MyTab a, MyTab b
> where a.name=b.name and
> a.address=b.address and
> a.rowid<>b.rowid

You surely can do this with small tables. But in my case, the table consists of approx. 10 columns and approx. 20.000 rows. I tried this statement before, but after 10 minutes of no result, I gave up waiting.
I'm sure that there's an easier way.

> The above code will only select records which their name and address are the
> same.
>
> You could use this logic for almost any table.
>
> Tom

Niels

Niels Lippke
Technische Universitaet, Braunschweig
Gruppe Verwaltung und Planung Received on Wed Mar 01 2000 - 00:00:00 CST