pctfree and pctused

From: <ewong_at_engineer.com>
Date: 2000/03/01

Hello,

I have a huge table that only being inserted but never updated. Currently pctfree is 20 and pctused is 40. I would like to save some space by changing them to pctfree 0 pctused 100. My questions are:

  1. Is the 20% free space going to be reuse for future insert?
  2. How come I can't set pctused to 100? It gave me an ORA02211.
Thanks,

ewong

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Mar 01 2000 - 00:00:00 CST