Re: oas installation

From: Bill Coulam <bcoulam_at_DELETECAPSusa.net>
Date: 2000/03/01

Might want to use the service at www.deja.com to search the newsgroups from now on. I know I've personally answered this before, as well as others. Plus it can be found using the basic search field on Oracle's Metalink site (assuming you have subscribed to support).

The quick answer is that 4.0.7 on SP4 had a bug. You either need the patch to 4.0.7 or the upgrade to 4.0.7.1. By the way, Oracle will be desupporting 4.0.7 sometime soon. They completely rewrote the ORB for 4.0.8. However, 4.0.8.0 was a living hell for me. Go straight for 4.0.8.1 and ask for the content services and the "too many parameters" bug patches. Or, wait for 4.0.9 which is supposed to be out sometime in March (don't hold your breath though). If you go with 4.0.8.1, you will need to upgrade your server to NT SP5 40-bit.

best of luck,
bill c.