Re: CASE tools

From: Van Messner <vmessnerNOvmSPAM_at_discovernet.com.invalid>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 05:17:59 -0800

   Designer is expensive but closely coupled to Oracle. It has a great many features including some default front-end screens.

   I like ERwin (anout $3500 last time I looked), but it has fewer features than Designer. However, it is easier to learn and easier to use. And even though it has fewer features than Designer it does have some that Designer lacks. The ERwin complete compare is especially good.

   As well as being tightly linked to the database, Designer is also closely linked to Developer, if you are thinking of using that for your front end.

Van