URGENT: multiple instances

From: Clinique <clinique_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 14:02:44 +0100

Hi everybody,

I have two instances and two databases. Since the time I have installed the second set whenever I try to connect as INTERNAL - no matter if right on the server or remote - Oracle asks for a password. It won't accept any of the passwords I fixed in the passwordfile for both of the instances. It neither accepts the two defaults MANAGER nor CHANGE_ON_INSTALL. The only way I can connect is via a user who owns SYSDBA rights. In order to install another instance I need to be able to connect with CONNECT INTERNAL, since - lacking the database assistant on my SUN Sparc Solaris server - I need to use a CREATE DATABASE script.

Susanne Received on Tue Feb 29 2000 - 07:02:44 CST