Re: Multiple Oracle Homes : Oracle Lite and Oracle

From: <kendrick_see_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/02/28

In article <jGOs4.5519$kz6.102986_at_news1.online.no>,   "skippy" <simon_at_rmg.as> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> One of our clients using Oracle 7.3.4 over a network. There IT
 department
> has set it up.
>
> We have attempetd to install our product, which we want installed as a
> standalone, so they can take there laptops (which plug into the
 network via
> Docking stations) wherever they go and use our software. We therefore
> planned to use Oracle Lite.
>
> However , when we go to install either Oracle lite 3.6 or Oracle Lite
 8i we
> find the Oracle_home is set to the netwrok directory (the Oracle 7.3.?
> installation).
>
> Does anyone having comments on this situation?
> Should we be able to have both installed?
>
> thanks for your help.
>
> p.s: sorry if I have sent this to the wrong group.
>
> Simon
> mailto: simon_at_rmg.no

Run Regedit and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE and save the branch to a file as backup. Delete the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE key then the install programs will work. You will then need to save that branch to another file and then try to integrate the two files and decide which objects you want to use. Be sure to leave the ORACLE_HOME pointing to the laptop install location. You should then be able to add the network TNSNAMES.ORA entries to the local TNSNAMES.ORA.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Feb 28 2000 - 00:00:00 CST