Table Design question

From: Gennaro Napolitano <Gennaro.Napolitano_at_italdata.it>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 18:00:58 +0100

Hy folks

I am planning a DB Schema, and I need some hints.

At the moment I have the following scenario:

Table "common_target" with some information common to various targets (location, tel, fax and so on. circa 10 columns), and 5 detail tables describing the specific target (common_target_id plus 4 or 5 additional columns).

These table are fullfilled just one time and then updated every 3 months, but they will be queried very frequently.

I thought to change the schema collecting all the info in just one table, and create view to handle the target specific information.

My primary need is the query performance, what do you think about my change proposal?

Thanks a lot in advance

Ciao Gennaro Received on Mon Feb 28 2000 - 11:00:58 CST