Re: HELP RMAN Best Practices

From: Van Messner <vmessnerNOvmSPAM_at_discovernet.com.invalid>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 07:40:41 -0800

Hi Eugene:

   All our databases currently run in archivelog mode.    What is your current setup? I'm sure your repository database is on a separte server from the targe(s). Are you running OEM from the same server that holds the repository? I would like to run all this through OEM, once I'm sure that I can do everything I wish with RMAN.

   Are you running the RMAN utility that sits on the server that holds the repository? The server that holds OEM? Each of the servers that holds a target database?

Van