Re: HELP RMAN Best Practices

From: Eugene Firyago <efiryago_at_bisys.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 14:12:10 -0500

It does not really matter what machine you run RMAN from because RMAN is just an utility dealing with connection strings to the target database and catalog's database (if used) through net8. You actually need to take care of recovery catalog reliability (backup) if you use it. Moreover you can run RMAN from a PC to make a database backup which resides mainframe using recovery catalog on UNIX's database.

Eugene.